Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Surgery is TOMORROW, December 9th.



     Claire is doing well at home. As soon as we came home from the hospital on Thanksgiving, I tried to nurse     Claire. I wasn’t expecting her to catch on, since she had been using a bottle for the 3 days prior. However, she latched on right away and hasn’t stopped eating since! The only problem we’ve run into is that her diapers don’t really fit her little butt with the lesion in the way. This makes for A LOT of laundry, but we’re ok with that! At birth Claire weighed 7lbs 2oz, and was 20.5inches. When she was released from Children’s she was down to 6lbs 14oz. One week later she was back up to 7lbs 3oz, and weighed a whopping 8lbs yesterday!! We’ve been trying to get more fat on her before her surgery. I guess we’ve succeeded.



     Claire’s Surgery is TOMORROW, December 9th at 9:15am. We have to be there at 7am, and Claire has to stop eating by 5:15am. We’ll see how well that goes over. The nurse said that the surgery will take appx 4 to 6 hours. I told Paul that it probably would have been easier for us, emotionally, if Claire had had the surgery right after she was born. I think I was a little more mentally prepared for it and we wouldn’t have had all this time to bond. Now, I’m scared out of my mind. It’s ok though, I know a ton of people are praying for our little girl. Thank you! God has been so faithful to us, thus far, and we have no reason to doubt.

3 comments:

  1. Love and prayers from Minnesota. What a beautiful family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is so beautiful Laura. I will be praying for all of you tomorrow.
    Is. 26:3-4 "You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psalm 121-I lift up my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip— he who watches over you will not slumber...The LORD will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

    Praise God for Claire's health so far! She is a fighter and so precious in all that pink!! We are praying for you all! love you guys!

    ReplyDelete