Saturday, December 5, 2009

November 20th and 21st, 2009 Our Last Hurrah (before the craziness begins)

     The last couple of days before the baby is born, we tried to enjoy family time. Though we are very thankful for being able to stay with my parents, it was nice to just be Paul, Eva and I. It was a normal we haven’t known for a while. My cousins arranged for us to have a nice date package to go to the Newport Aquarium and out to eat at Brios. (THANKS GIRLS!) Eva LOVED the aquarium. She thought it was cool that she could walk over the water, yet could still see fish swimming underneath her. Also, when we were at the open tanks, instead of trying to pet the sharks, she, being the good Catholic that she is, kept blessing herself with the shark water. It was so funny. Her head was soaked!

The next day(Saturday) I wore myself out cleaning bathrooms for my sisters to come home, and doing last min laundry and packing. That night Paul and I had planned to have a nice dinner at Brios and then hang out with a bunch of Franciscan Grads who were coming into town to go to the Hofbrauhaus. As I was getting ready, I was overwhelmed by how fast everything was happening. I couldn’t believe that in 2 days I was going to have major surgery, my baby was going to have major surgery, and I was going to be separated from Paul and Eva. I broke down thinking about it all. Though I didn’t want to disappoint Paul by not going to Brios, all I really wanted to do was to sit down and play with my little Eva. With all of our running around visiting doctors, I felt like I hadn’t had quality time with her in a while. My wonderful husband didn’t mind, and we stayed home and played with Eva. Only when she was ready for bed did we go to the Hofbrauhaus. The night was perfect. We hung out with people whom we haven’t seen in 5 years, and all the laughter really kept our minds free from all the stress. It was funny too, because in the middle of drinking their Steins of beer, a bunch of our friends (at least 8) gathered around and prayed over us. People walked by saying “oh my gosh, are they praying?” Ha, way to always be a witness, right? Thank you Steubie Alum who gave us a great night filled with laughs, love and prayer! God knew we needed you at that time!




No comments:

Post a Comment