Tuesday, November 10, 2009

In Denial?

     As the days get closer, I have a LOT of mixed feelings. I’m really excited to meet this little girl, to hold her in my arms, to have a more COMFORTABLE night’s sleep :O), and to put a face to the baby we’ve been praying for and thinking about for so long. Also, the unknowns will now be known. Once she is born, the doctors will be able to tell us her prognosis concerning her bladder, hydrocephalus, how the Arnold Chiari will affect her, and what they predict her leg movements to be according to her muscle tone. There is still a small part of me that believes that everything is going to absolutely fine after her surgery. While God can still work miracles after her birth, I guess I’m just a tad bit in denial, since I can’t really wrap my mind around the whole thing.  When she does make her debut I know I'm going to be an emotional basket case as everything is made into reality, not to mention the craziness of my baby being taken away from me right after birth.  Ah, one step at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment