Thursday, October 8, 2009

October 8th, 2009

    So, while I'm sitting here waiting to hear if Paul made it across the border or not, I thought I'd give a little update.  Paul is on his way back to Kentucky now.  When we called the border they told us the required papers (which we got) and they said that he should be fine to live here as a visitor for 6  months while he is waiting for the rest of immigration to go through.  However, the border guards often make up their own rules and give you a hard time.  Sooooo.....since I haven't been able to contact him since 8:30pm (it's now 12am) I'm hoping he's just busy driving!  Sheesh!
    Today we went for a Fetal Stress test, which we will be doing twice a week until the baby is born.  Originally the Dr told me that we were going to have ultrasounds twice a week...but I think he worded it the wrong way or something.  Anyways, one day a week they will monitor the baby's heart beat for 20 mins...and then the other day they will measure the amniotic fluid ( this IS done through an ultrasound, but it won't be fun like a regular ultrasound).   Mom was my partner in crime today, since Paul was gone.  They monitored the heartbeat, and baby girl kicked that doppler the whole time!  I noticed that her heart-rate ranged from 134 to 160.  When the 20mins were up the nurse told us that they were kind of worried about the heart rate and the range of it.  So, they sent us in for an ultrasound just to make sure everything was okay.  I'm still a little baffled, because the ultrasound tech acted like the range in the heart rate is a good thing.  She said everything looked great  and gave us a couple more pics. Yay!  Mom was disappointed because she wanted to see the baby's back.  She's still hoping for a miracle, and thought since Fr. Michael Scanlan (a Very holy priest from my school) blessed the baby this weekend that maybe she was healed.  Oh mom. I guess you never know though!
    This weekend is Youth 2000 Covington.  Paul's playing drums and I'm singing.  I'm kind of counting on God's grace to get us through the sleepless weekend sane and with my voice intact enough for the the entire weekend! We'll see!

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog and will continue to keep all of you in our prayers! Brian sends his love to EVVVVVAAAHHH! ;) love you guys xoxox
    jackie

    ReplyDelete