Thursday, October 22, 2009

Catering: A new way of life

     This passed week my mom was offered a catering job from a friend.  We split the food in half with her, and made the other half. This job included 4 pretty desserts, salad, and salmon pasta with roasted veggies for 100 people. (I feel like I'm forgetting something!  I'm sure we made more than that!)  Anyways, the cooking was all done Friday night, Saturday morning, and last min on Sunday.  The lady who ordered the food asked last min if someone could serve it.  Since it was such a last min request, no one was able to do it.  SO, Me and my 8 1/2 month pregnant belly volunteered.  Paul came along to help carry the heavy things, THANK GOODNESS!  We worked from 2pm until 8:30pm (on our feet) the whole time.  Every muscle in my body ached.  It was the most exhausted I've ever felt while being pregnant, but the PAY made it the most rewarding!  haha  The next day I had an appointment at Good Sam, where they monitor the baby's heart rate, and simultaneously monitor my contractions.  Most of the time my contractions are between 8-12.  That day, the Monday after catering, they were 35-50!!!  Haha  OOPS!  I guess I did work hard, and the numbers proved it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh you crazy nut, I thought this picture was one you took and my heart made a LEAP when I saw 2 heartbeats! I want to get together soon!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha....oops...i guess i should have said something about that! I didn't even look at the two heart beats...i was just looking for a pic of the machine. Oops! There are NOT two babies!

    ReplyDelete